Thursday, June 14, 2007

Chexxxy: Fan Extraordinaire

A few days ago I checked my sitemeter and noticed numerous (I mean numerous) hits from one particular fan board and, in asking around as to why we would be getting all these visits, someone mentioned that this blog had been linked over there. I asked..."Well, why?" This blog is not that well known; however, it does get a mention now and then from the swamp which makes me think that the person that linked here may be a regular reader of the swamp. I don't know. I won't point any fingers (that's how innuendo works).

Facts: Mods discussed and jointly decided that an article considered to NOT be from a credible source and which contained innuendo should be considered a "sighting" and should be posted where minors could read. The OFC TOU be damned! Fans (some who are parents of said minors) wanted the article removed and a heated debate ensued. I had no clue about it until well after it got heated and it got heated after a lot of pleading to remove the article went unheeded.

Had the person who linked this blog noticed and had others following the link noticed, that particular blog post didn't go up until after 3PM my time which would be after 6PM EST. There was no "planned attack"; the choice to use the word "mutiny" was mine because people, for the right reasons, wanted to "overthrow" (correct) a bad decision. To make a well respected fan a scapegoat by using MY choice of words as proof of the planning is connecting the dots in a very skewed manner. Nobody is responsible for what Swamp Man reports to the tabloids but him and it's to garner attention for HIMSELF (he didn't even get an honorable mention) which is why he "changed" what REALLY happened in his report to the crap tabloid journalist to HIS agenda. I think Chexxxy is owed an apology but that's my opinion

Humor of the day: The message board at OFC is back on track and going quite smoothly I hear. The fans are following Clay's advice; they've made their individual lists, checked them twice and put their 1% on ignore (what an extraordinarily wise young man). It seems to be working so for those whose posts are not receiving responses from 99% of the members........ guess what?

Parting thought for the day: Very little effort to bring 99% to 100% is needed. It's called respect for THE MAN in his own home. As always, I am optimistic that this can be accomplished.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Awesome blog!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Which swamp are you talking about? Buttie's? Buttie made a post about this blog over there. He is so obsessed with you OhCrap. He knows this blog is truth and his is false because he is fake.

Anonymous said...

Chexxxy's is a great board, a threat to the scum.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, but then I've come to expect it when I visit here.

Thanks for laying the TRUTH out there once again.

It was never about Clay's sexuality, it was about respect. Sadly, the haters and tabloids got it wrong, but what else is new?

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Oh Crap. Kudos to you for always telling it like it is.

Kudos to Chexxy for being brave enough to post her point of view, which allowed the more reticent of Clay's fans to finally vent what has been bothering a lot them for a long time.

And BRAVO (!!!) to Clay for telling his fans to just "....ignore - I'll love you anyway."

Clay, I'll always love you, too.

I believe you and I believe in you - you've never given me a reason to doubt you. EVER.

Truth Rules said...

Once again those attacking Clay try to divert attention from themselves and blame an innocent victim.

I don't agree with Clay's 99% - it's more 99.99%. There is a very small number of detractors - but they are a LOUD persistent bunch.

My IGNORE option is working well.

Anonymous said...

When will they realize that Clay's fans are motivated by loving respect and not stalking hate?

They're a sad pathetic lot.

Anonymous said...

This is a little off topic (even though I think Chexxxy is just a wonderful person, and I am a fan of HER!) I still found it quite cool, so I thought I would share it:

It came from this BLOG:

http://yin.typepad.com/the_yin_blog/2007/06/what_american_i.html#comment-72880950

It Reads:

What "American Idol" should do next season

Here's my suggestion: copy "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" by having an "all stars" season with past winners and other memorable contestants. There have been six seasons of "American Idol" now, so you could have all six previous winners and runners-up make up a season of 12.

I think this would be really neat! Conventional wisdom seems to suggest that Kelly Clarkson (season 1) and Carrie Underwood (season 4) were the strongest winners, and that Taylor Hicks (season 5) was the weakest one. But what would America think? Would Clay Aiken (season 2 runner-up) outlast Ruben Studdard (season 2 winner) this time? Would Katharine McPhee (season 5 runner-up) outlast Hicks this time?

Fox, think about it!


This Comment Was Great, and TRUE:



That is one of the best ideas!! That would be an awesome season, perhaps they could even shorten it by having 2 people go per week so the contestants would only have to commit to 6 weeks. And since Idol still has a choke hold on almost every one of them (I believe they have dropped Justin G. from Season 1 and Bo Bice from Season 4) they really could MAKE them do it!

Talk about your high ratings and millions of phone call votes? The fan wars alone would put them over the highest they ever had, and they could charge for tickets to the taping. They are sitting on a gold mine!!

I am pretty sure it is a great idea that would go ignored by FOX and 19E, but if it happened I would watch it, TIVO it, record it and watch it again and again!!

I hope you can get this idea to FOX, and maybe someone will actually READ IT AND CONSIDER IT!! It would really be interesting!


So, What do you all think?

Truth Rules said...

9:51 PM - You want to know what I think?

I think slavery was abolished ages ago.